Wednesday, December 31, 2008

your lullaby

Walking around late at night
Your mind full of random nonsense (thoughts you can’t sort)
The rhythm of/ your sleepless nights
Have come to say their last goodbyes
Stop tossing and turning, listen to what I have to say
Toss your Ambien down the drain
It’s a waste of money and only makes you groggy
Ill be your personal sandman
You’ll sleep like the dead
Still and motionless
This is your lullaby
Ill sing you to sleep
Goodbye
Let my words carry you to/ never land, just/ dream (and)
Tuck yourself in,/ hold your pillow tight
It’s already past midnight
And your attitude isn’t much fun when I’m callin for you
Ill be your chronic insomnias cure baby, I’ll teach you when to sleep and how
Stop wishing for sleep, cuz eyes wide open don’t help anything at all
Close your heavy eyes and turn your mind off
Let your worries and doubts fade away
I’ll sing you this lullaby one last time
I’ll sing you to sleep
On those dreamless nights
To a land of perfection
This is your lullaby
I’ll put you to sleep
Let life fade into the distance
As you enter neverland I want to say
Sweet dreams

No comments: