Wednesday, December 31, 2008

unnamed

I’m pretty sure I have a song in me
I won’t stop singing till my lungs start screaming
Put on your headphones and avoid the conversation
I dare you to find the key
The key to this insane mind
Look all around you, high and low
You’ll never find it I lost it years ago
Stumble into this world, you won’t find your way out
This place isn’t as locked up as you thought
Listen to this secret: It’s going to be big
It’ll drive you insane, do you understand what I’m saying
I’ve got this mic you’ve got a megaphone
Let’s team up and shout
Everyone will hear, put your doubts aside
I know I’m good but I don’t wanna die young
You say you’re good too, lets prove them wrong
Lets walk across the ivory piano keys
Make a tune all will sing
Get it stuck in their heads, they’ll sing it down the halls
Kid I’m pretty sure you’re confused
I’ll teach you how to build a house out of life’s roadblocks
Idolize no one, make your own mark
This pen will carve a mark that all will remember
They don’t know what we do

No comments: