Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Unforgotten Memories

My smile has become too heavy to keep up all day long, they weight of it is slowly bringing me down
Life is a stage, everyone has their part, no switching is allowed the play would just be ruined
I can’t seem to play mine well anymore, you’re not there to help me along with the little things I tend to forget
I have to grow up quicker cause the responsibilities you took on for me are now going on unattended
No one comes to me when I fall ready to pick me up or help mend a sore
No longer does your laugh fill the now empty gray rooms when a tiny disagreement surfaces
Who can I run to now that you’re gone, I just seem to walk in circles of confusion and darkness
No one tucks me in at night, only you ever did
Tears and hurt aren’t too hard to hide after so many years of practice
The beach doesn’t have the same zest it had without you there taking a picture as we smile
What if I forget about you?
Putting on a mask of happiness is just so routine now
Your loving arms can no longer pull me into a hug
I don’t go to anyone with my problems, I just try to fix them myself, practice makes perfect, right?
I don’t think I’ll ever fill the hole you left
Why did you have to leave so early in life, it’s just not fair
Nothing is ever going to be the same again
When I call for you no one answers, my voice seems lost in silence
It’s not like I can look for you
I just want a small cup of happiness like the ones you unknowingly put in front of me
Memories only make me grin for so long
This is nothing like I planned
The hole you left can’t be fixed with band aids, they just fall off
Staples always seem to come undone
Life is unfair and must go on, but fake smiles can only get me through for so long

No comments: